Monday 10 October 2011

what has gone wrong with the morning routine?


Time for a little honesty now. I hate getting out of bed in the dark and as such my morning routine has really suffered. For over four months I was getting up before the rest of the house, going out for a run and getting back in time to do some writing before the children woke up.

Now though, the running has taken a back seat. And that back seat, is on the back of a bus, somewhere a million miles from here.

I still am out of bed every day before the kids get up, and that’s still an achievement. A lot of days, I’m able to get some writing done before they are awake. But selfishly, I want more than that.

It was much simpler when I woke up, threw my running gear on, and ran a mile or two before working. But now that I’m not doing that, there’s a horrible feeling of guilt that I’m not doing enough. I understand that this is normal and doesn’t mean anything of the sort. The reality is that I’m up and about, looking after the kids, going to work, and still making good daily progress to by novel. All of this is good stuff. I shall make a note.

Good stuff.

Let’s see what tomorrow brings.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing what a bit of public shaming will do. I went out for a run this morning!

    ReplyDelete