Wednesday 13 April 2011

the start

First things first. I don't expect to ever become a minimalist - right now, I'm not even sure what that would really entail. When I started thinking about doing a blog on simplifying my life I didn't for one moment think that would lead to any drastic change in how I lived my life.

  • Have you ever sat down when you've suddenly got an hour or two free, only to waste time considering the best ways to fill it? Should you watch that DVD that's still shrink wrapped; read that magazine from last month; do some reading… For me that debate happened frequently enough to want to make a change.

  • At work I've been getting a reputation as 'the organised one'. I've been asked to share some of my tips with others and that in itself has made me look again at how I organise my time and work. To me, organisation and simplicity are natural bedfellows (although others disagree).

  • A need to find focus. Inspired greatly by the work Leo Babauta has written at zenhabits.net I've come to appreciate that focus is an incredibly powerful method of achieving greatness. I've seen how my lack of focus over the last few years has ultimately led to the stalling of a big writing project of mine. Looking at how I can find focus in my life is therefore vital in how I see myself moving forward again with my writing projects.


So this is why this blog exists. What I want to achieve is explore how simplifying aspects of your life can have a positive impact. If you're anything like me, if you feel there's too much noise in your life, then this blog may have something in it for you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment